Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Slow Week

Told Coach that I have not been feeling quite right. Besides the uturn in the evening on Thursday, my neck had been aching since Tuesday. Stiff neck? Not quite the same feel. And it is taking longer than it should to recover. Probably caught some bug but not quite enough to knock me down maybe? Seems to be getting better today. Getting my deep tissue massage later. Perhaps that will help to relief some tension?


Because of this, I got the day off on Friday and today. And tomorrow, an easy 40km ride in the morning and that's it! I did not like the idea of getting so many days off this week? Low intensity would had been great. And I know the rest would have done me a lot of good. I have to reconcile, I have been doing multiple sessions of bricks and couple of dual sessions for the past 3 weeks. Might just be a good time to let the body recover? August issue of Triathlete emphasised this concept that all triathletes know but the article put it nicely - there are 2 other transitions besides T1 and T2 in a triathlon. And that would be Heal and Recovery. This piece of advise has been so commonly ignored that even me, a new triathlete tend to get overzealous and not listen to the body. I must say, the notion of resting and staying idle just makes me uncomfortable...


***




Got this new trail flare for the bike. Hopefully with this bright pesudo Darth Vadar's lightsabre will wake up the sleepy drivers in the dawn and dusk and notice me, the lone rider. It looks really nice I must say!


Speaking of lightsabre, I have yet to have the opportunity to buy Darth Vadar's lightsabre by Master Replicas. Been in my mind for many years already. Costs about $400 I think. But I think my wife will hang me by the ***** if I were to bring it home... One day, just one day... The defiant boy in me will buy the toy back...


Here's a picture of my small collection of Star Wars figurines...




It's too bad the old range were out of the box when I was young. If kept in the box and in pristine condition, would have bought me a new bike with Di2 many times over! My all time favourite besides Darth Vadar is Darth Maul. Wait till I get my hands on the sabre replica... Oops...

No comments:

Post a Comment