Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Pillow Science

I had the stiff neck for almost 2 weeks already. Went to see the chiropractor on Wednesday. Fantastic skills he had. Did ultrasound as well as cold laser treatment. Apparently, due to the stiff neck, there were scarring tissues near the shoulder blade as well.

I have been using the Tempur contour pillow for a few years already. Cost me two hundred plus bucks then and probably still in the same price range. I spend many hours on the bed, just as I bought a good mattress, the pillow should come in too right? It was suppose to be NASA researched pillow. Explains the high cost?

BUT guess what? My chiropractor thinks otherwise! "What works in space, does NOT work on earth!" I blurted out laughing. He sure had a sense of humour. Apparently a former President's scholar who has since set up his own practice. His thought was this: if memory foam can have a depression, how much support can the material provide? The pillow has the provide the neck support. If the material compresses, the distance between the head and mattress decreases and causes the neck to be in a strained position, which thereafter causes the pain?

I use to get stiff neck and that explained why I bought the Tempur pillow. It must have worked for the past 4-5years? I think it is high time to change. 2 weeks stiff neck is a pain in the neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment