Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

10km PB

Did a swop between Wednesday and Thursday session. So that I could ride and run with Enrico. Swim was the usual except that now, Coach push the time down to 6x50m on the 50s, 100m easy breaststroke and followed by another 4x50 on the 50s. The 1st 50m always below the mark at 45s. So I got 5s breather. But subsequent ones I had to touch and go coz I was clocking in at 51s. Before that were the usual 400m warm up with 400m kicks. The main sets were 2x400m, 4x200m and 6x100m. The toughest was the 50m sets. Just not quite nailed it yet.


Rode 60km with Enrico and ran my fastest 10km - 50:33. Started off with 5:08/km pace for the 1st 4.8km while overall of 5:03/km pace for the full 10km. Met Jacko and his friend who trained with Animiles. I think these blokes are Animals. They are so freaking fast. And without a doubt, Enrico blazed ahead during the last 2km. The consolation I got was I could keep them in sight - yes, I got dropped - probably about 30s ahead of me. I should have dug deeper to try to keep pace with them. But everything on hind sight is always achievable. But not at that point in time. Jacko abandoned his run after 2-3km because of his bad knee.


It felt good to be able to be able to keep pace with these fast guys. It will be good training for myself. 5:00/km for 10km is quite an achievement. I never thought I would be able to do it. Perhaps one day I will be able to extend it to 21km. Then I can evolve to be an Animal myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment