Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Gloomy Days Now and More Ahead...

Rain rain go away...


It came on Tuesday morning and washed out my scheduled 55km ride. I was suppose to be on recovery ride on Monday which was also not followed through. though nothing to do with the weather. In any case, the Monday swim went on and I took it as a rest for Tuesday.


Rode 120km on Wednesday followed by a 10km run. Averaged just over 31kph and did a comfortable pace 55min run. Had planned to ride 120km today but decided against it. I didnt think I would be able to recover in time for the long run planned for Friday. So instead, I did a 60km ride and even gave up the 10km run after 1km. I was trotting along during the run and decided not to do junk miles. If I cant do a proper run, might as well save it for another day. (Or maybe it was just the ill disciplined me taking over the senses...)


From the 2 days sessions, I realised that I am really not that strong (hopefully, yet), regardless of the amount of time and mileage put into it since January. I suppose it is important to recognise when the body can take any more of it, otherwise, the session would have been in vain and counter productive.


It was a good ride today. Some headwind on certain parts but I could still cut through above 32kph. The average speed for the 60km was 34kph. I know the HR was still within range. What I cant understand was why I couldnt run thereafter. Sickening feeling, but the only reason for it was that I was too trashed from the 2 days of biking. I have never done 2 times biking I think.


But yes, will be resting and gearing up for the long run tomorrow afternoon. It had better go through or I will be resting too much on my lazy bums for too long a period considering that I would not be able to do much over the weekend.


Taper will be 10 days out from race day. This meant that I will still be training long till mid of next week. I have no idea how I will be able to slot in a 150km (or more) ride. But I will try to find a day to slot in...

No comments:

Post a Comment