Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Race Week!

THIS IS IT!


No, it is not Michael Jackson's movie. My only ironman for this year and it is finally here! Preparation started immediately when Ironman Japan announced its race cancellation. Its only my 2nd ironman triathlon. To say that I have no jitters will be a lie. But my preparation has been done. There is nothing much I can do now.


I am packing. And as usual, packing the bike is such a pain. I still need to go back to ELITE tomorrow afternoon to check if my seat post had slipped - which I think it did and I did not notice it. Oh well, the woes of the carbon bike where bolts and nuts cant be over tightened.


Anyway, the main concern now is that my silly Qantas flight is overbooked by 26 people. Airline gave me silly options that were totally ridiculous - either flying up to Hong Kong and down to Australia, or reach Perth at past 11pm on the 2nd by a budget airline! And what I have to do now on 2nd December is to do a physical check in early to ensure that I get confirmed seats on the flight.


Quite frankly, the airline really did not try to resolve the problem amicably and this might just be the last time I will be with Qantas. If I did not get it wrong, they changed the plane to a smaller one and this had resulted in this situation and total no regard that I booked this flight like 6 months before. The best part was, although to my advantage definitely, Singapore Airlines had a similar timed flight that was not full, and yet, not offered to anybody? If an organisation is trying to resolve a problem, should they not be going to all extent and not look only at the cheapest option, when the repute had taken a big hit with the couple of plane incidents the past 3 weeks?


Besides this thing - which actually is a BIG deal to me - everything is falling into place like a jig saw. Rested on Sunday with a sports massage. Today was suppose to swim but played in the pool with my kids instead. Basically chilling out. Decided not to join the squad swim coz I needed to look after the kids. May do a run later. Short 6km. Tomorrow will try to do the swim and clear some work as well.


And continue packing...

No comments:

Post a Comment