Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

195km Ride

Qantas A380 to Sydney took off and returned to Changi on Thursday. One of the engine apparently caught fire and the moment it landed, the fire trucks got to work immediately. As to what was the cause, I am not sure coz I havent read the newspapers for the past 2 days. I saw the plane on the runway on Thursday while Enrico and myself were biking along the coast. It was a massive plane.


Having biked Coastal for a couple of times already, today I heard the A380 took off. It was a real deafening roar, so unlike the 747s and smaller air crafts. It was distinctive and you can tell which was which aircraft. The sister planes just sounded like wounded kittens.


Rode with Eng Boon and Enrico today. The former was out to ride 90km while Enrico and myself for target of 200km. Eng Boon was shocked that we were doing the loops coz he was bored stiff. Enrico had to call it a day at 135km thereabouts coz he had a sore shoulder/neck/back. I suppose they were all related. So I was left alone to venture on the rest of the journey.


Completed 195km all the way back to the car. I was still going fine all the way till 160km. Promised myself that I would spin back when I reached 180km because my mind was getting weak and kept telling myself to succumb to the fatigue. I still managed to keep up my HR for the whole 180km. Thereafter, it was downhill all the way. I had planned for a 6hr nutrition but I finished all up by the time I hit 180km in 5:45. Wind was slack but my speed was not too fast, although the average was still a reasonable 31.3kph. With Busselton wind, I am pretty sure this average will dwindle even further.


Time to carb up for tomorrow's long run. The good thing is that I have sports massage tomorrow night too. Am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment