Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Still Long Sessions

Friday's long run was a toughie. 2km warm up and 4 sets of 8km with 500m walk in between. Before I started, I already knew I was in for a rough ride. 1st 2 sets were manageable pace - 6:03 and 6:00. 3rd set was 6:17 and the last set? I walked some and I ran some - 7:00. Besides the fatigue, I was running in No Man's Land. A stretch for about 12km, I was out of water. Completely dehydrated but just had to get back to civilisation. I had never ran this stretch before and I totally regretted it. I should have stuck to East Coast and not onto Coastal.


The only good part was that the sky was overcast and it was breezy. But my legs just could not move. All I wanted on the return was to get back to the water point and get myself hydrated. Cannot just blame it on the hydration, it was probably the accumulated fatigue from the past few days of training sessions. I was just too eager to clock the miles before I leave for Malaysia over the weekend and too little rest. It was a painful session.


Managed a 3km swim on Sunday morning while at the golf resort. Yeah, it comes with an olympic sized pool. Still tired from Friday's run but completed the swim nonetheless. Not as fast as I would want to go though.


Today did a 70km bike session, strewn with 1km of sprints for every 9km. Good to come back. Better if I get more rest. But not just yet. The time is not now. The rest will come in a while. Coach is still putting me up on some long mileage but not too long and yet not taper short ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment