Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Challenge Cairns 2011

I will have to make up my mind really soon. Cairns or Busselton... Cairns or Busselton... If Cairns, no Sundown Marathon but will be Standard Chartered in Dec. If Busselton, I will have to register for the Sundown Marathon really soon. Slots run out very fast. Running a marathon in Singapore has become a daily affair for many. It has gained popularity in recent years.


Doing Cairns will be refreshing. New destination, new place to holiday, new route. BUT same distance. Good time to visit the Great Barrier Reef as well. Only snorkeling though coz nobody in the family dives. My heart is with Cairns. But the flight time is really long. Driving from Brisbane will be quite insane, whole 1700km straight!


Will have to make up my mind or I risk losing the Busselton slot as well coz it opens on 6 December, the day after the race...


***


Did a 130km bike today. Was suppose to be 140km but I shortened the warm down as I took a lift from my family who was in the east. Slacker... Heart rate was again very high. I think the illness had left some memories behind. Hope tomorrow's run will get better.


During the ride, riders were passing me. Got me mad that I could not go any faster. The HRM was beeping away. Speed was no more than 30-32kph consistently. Oh well, better sick now then later. I still have 1 week to do some short but intense stuff. Hopefully the body will feel better then.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm thinking of Cairns too. But just as a thought. IMWA 2011 entry now opening only from 15 December, so you have time to think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's opening to 2010 participants on 6 Dec. But I think I should be doing Cairns quite firm. The thought of the flight there really kills me...

    ReplyDelete