Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cairns or Not? That is the question...

Miscommunication with my boss and I thought I would not be able to race next June. So I signed up for Sundown Marathon. After registration, my boss clarified that he was ok with me racing next June! Oh darn! Woes of SMSes! Wasted my registration fees. Aristole said he would take over from me and I am going to hold him to his word!

So yes, almost all set for Challenge Cairns in June. But holding back because I am not sure with 2 weeks gone for reservist in April - yet again - whether it will be detrimental to my training plans.

Or should I give myself more time to prepare for WA 2011 and get stronger for Cairns 2012 instead? Problem is, I will not know which month Cairns 2012 will fall on. If they change the  race month, I will have to race WA again.

Decision, decisions, decisions...

***

Swim felt good on Monday. I was not too far from the fast blokes during the set drills. The last couple of fins sets I was on their feet. Most of the time when I train with the swimming gang, I would trail behind these fast guys buy 15m or more. I think the rest from the not so hard sessions since last week had given my body time to recover for next Sunday's ironman. Just what I needed as well. Spend more time with the kids. This is the time I return the favour to my family.

Last night I joined the Eastern Night Riders for the usual fast and furious 30km ride. There were just 7 of us, one of whom was a young chap who just joined the riding group recently - so I heard since I havent rode with this bunch in a while. For a good part, we were riding constant pace of 40-42kph. The last straight stretch I helped to pull at 46kph for about 300m. Lactate for the legs did not build this time, which was surprising. Could be because I was holding back so that I could last for a longer distance at that speed. For the whole ride, the HR must have been sky high - no HRM last night - and I was breathing really really hard. Overall, a good hard session for the taper.

No comments:

Post a Comment