Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Yoga!

I finally signed up for 10 sessions of yoga starting from next Friday. I signed up early so that when I get back from WA, there would be continuation. These are really cheap classes with the community centre in my area. My wife said not to have too high expectations and I really am not expecting much. I just need some time to have some stretching exercises to compliment the so called off season sessions. Will be missing 2 sessions while I am down south, but its fine coz the cost is really no big deal. I hope to continue for as long as I have the time. My discipline with stretching after my training sessions are really poor. Usually no more than 5-10min stretching, sometimes nothing even. It is just by sheer luck that I am not getting that seriously injured just yet. Explains the yoga sign up before I get any bad injuries in future.


I think I fell slightly ill on Monday evening, unknowingly, but still went for a 12km run on Tuesday while feeling giddy. Wednesday suppose to swim but did not go proceed and swam on Thursday instead. Clocked 1:12:55 for 3.8km swim after a 200m warm up. Strokes did not feel right after 4 days absence from the pool and was touching the wall at 1:55 average per 100m. Not that ideal and explained the deviation from my personal best of 1:10 for 3.8km swim. But I suppose I cant be expecting myself to swim 1:10 all the time, so 1:13 would have to do.


Did an easy 10km run at East Coast this morning after sending my wife to work. Heart rate was surprisingly high even at slow pace. Possible reasons were the fact that I am recovering from the illness and the unusual high caffeine from coffee that I do not usually drink. Whatever it was, 1st 5km with 5:45/min pace and over all of 5:44/km for 10km. Far cry from the run I had with Enrico but the HR just would not allow me to run any faster. Plus body might be recovering still, so no point in pushing it at all?


Sickness did not hit me too hard, fortunately. Just some nausea and fatigue. Body seemed to fight it off pretty well. I tried to sleep as much as possible as well, so that could have helped. Today the running legs felt good, just unfortunate that HR was unusually high. Hope that by Saturday I will recover fully and be able to do the last semi long ride and semi long run on Sunday. Taper is still about a week away. Will see if I can still fit in another 3.8km swim in the evening. Rest now and hope to get better from the bout of whatever-it-was-illness.

4 comments:

  1. i used to go to a CC for yoga too. I had a very awesomely cute and funny teacher. Don't get your hopes too high, but don't underestimate what simple stretches can do either.

    Have fun in WA and have fun in those stretching classes. don't wear too tiny shorts, or others behind will find it hard to continue with their classes. It's disturbing, disruptive and way too airy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Small shorts indeed! Absolutely no way I will be caught in such attire! Firstly, I dont have a butt that nice. And secondly, I aint asking for attention. It is just go, stretch and back to my family.

    But yes, thanks for the heads up and well wishes. I am hoping for a pretty female instructor though... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, pretty female instructor. Pure Yoga at Taka, they have hardcore but pretty female instructor. But that come with a price. So ... ermmm, choose.

    Pls spare your classmates from a sight for sore eyes.
    I normally move my mat further away from men. And i stick with my sis cos she'll wake me up if i fall asleep. I have a problem lying down while cooling down. It can get quite intense, engaging muscles you do not know that once exists!

    Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will pass on the pricey pretty instructor. Hiak hiak... Lest my wife kills me.
    Heh heh... I have fallen asleep before during the last part of the session before too. And snored! Oh dear...

    ReplyDelete