Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Possible Flight Change...

Tapering for the big race did not feel as good last year. I was sick 2 weeks out last year. Pretty sick I believe. this time I was slightly ill but still managed to train. And with better health during the taper, I spent quality and quantity time with the family. With the kids school vacation, it made all things even sweeter.


I received 2 emails over the course of last week. Quantas changed my flight times for both trips. Today, I received a call, requesting that they put me on a different flight with different flight times. As I understood it, they have changed it to a smaller plane and somehow have to shift the passengers around. The only alternative I gave them was an earlier departure but I have yet to confirm with them. I suspect that this was a precautionary measure after the Quantas series of events recently - the A380, the technical problems. Not sure what the outcome is going to be like yet.


***


Did a big swim yesterday. Not quite close to my PB for the 3.8km swim, but a 1:11:37. Suffered from some shoulder ache today. Could be the swim, or my 1st session of yoga last night. And the yoga? An interesting session. Most of the positions I had done before - the stretches, lunge, tree, rest, etc. Pretty basic but good.


Did a 50km bike and 10km run this morning. Weather was not too hot on the bike but heated on the run. Somehow my legs havent been feeling quite fresh. Perhaps it was the week's sessions? Kept both disciplines to ironman pace. Run was manageable and finished it on the hour.


Somehow I have a problem with people whom I dont know drafting me - maybe I am just being a selfish ass. Last week I had a clown who drafted when I was riding at 30kph? Today I had another fella drafting me at 34kph. If I were riding with friends, that would not have been a problem? Or perhaps have the courtesy to ask? I am not sure if there is such a practice? In any case, I chose to drop them by hitting above 45kph. I think they got my point. Of course, my legs burned and HR monitor went crazy. Good training for myself still?


***


Brought my kids to watch Rapunzel: The Tangled Tale in 3D. This is my 1st 3D movie at the cinemas. And seriously, I am not too sure what fanfare is about? It is really not a big deal? Or maybe the cartoon just was not that well done? I saw a 3D movie at Tokyo Disneyland that surpassed this quality. I think I will pass on the technology for a while. So in the mean time, I will take advantage of the relatively low cost LED/LCD televisions in the market, and the declining prices of Blu-Ray movies.


***


Thereafter I caught "I Am Sam" on HBO. An old movie starring Sean Penn and Michelle Pfeiffer.  I remember watching it in the past but could not remember much of the movie. A touching film with top class acting by Penn. And without a doubt, a GREEEEAAAAAAT looking Pfeiffer.


And yes, my wife was sobbing away. Natural reaction from her with tear jerking movies like these.


And to all doing the Standard Chartered Marathon on 5th December? GOD SPEED!

1 comment:

  1. Hi sir, clement told me bout your blog so i came to take a look haha.

    Oh and I watched I AM SAM too haha, quite a good movie.

    ReplyDelete