Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

No Free Lunches

Promised the kids to bring them to Wild Wild Wet Theme park at Pasir Ris. The usual rain came and we had our breakfast at Macdonalds to wait it out. The couple of times we were there, we stayed till dinner time. But today, everything was thwarted by the rain again in the afternoon. So we were there only for 4hours, which was unusually short. Had fun nonetheless.

I was suppose to have an easy 12km run today while at Pasir Ris. Think it would have to be abandoned coz I slept after the theme park outing, have wedding dinner tonight, and not forgetting the 200km bike session tomorrow morning. Rain or shine I would be starting out - this would probably be one of the last few long rides in the build up to WA. So a self imposed rest day today after the hard run yesterday.

There are no free lunches, really. Was at the bookfair - really crappy though - when we had to leave the theme park coz of rain. Met a stranger holding a box and told my kid," Sure win lucky dip. No strings attached." Yeah right. As it turned out, I had to give my particulars in exchange for a small bar of chocolate. It was an insurance sales gimmick. But I was quick to get out of it.

Anyway, as I have experienced for myself, to be able to swim, bike and run with decent timings take loads of time to train. Not that I am very fast now, but I have gone faster than when I just started in 2008. Stronger, fitter and faster. Like my wife said, "The amount of time you spend away from us, you had better be able to go faster..."

Yeah, no free lunches. It all comes with a price.

No comments:

Post a Comment