Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Gout Attack!

Cousin had his wedding buffet dinner on Saturday. This was the same cousin I went trekking at Annapurna back in 2007. Havent seen him in a while. When he saw me, he said I looked completely different - lost weight and darker. Sounded as if I were a dried up banana...


Gout is the result of high uric acid in the blood which crystallises at the joints. Commonly found below the big toe, I had it there as well as the ankle and this time, by the side of the ball of the feet. Frustrating because walking is a challenge.


Think I had too much protein intake - little beef, some mushrooms. Had gout since Sunday morning - yes, despite that I still ran because I had my medication - silly thing is still around and seemed to be getting a bit worse today. Will let the day pass and see how it goes, controlled with medication of course. If it gets worse, I will have to take a shot from the doctor - I want to be free of it by end of this week. Dont need any tender sensation when I start the race next Sunday. Darn! I was just thinking that it hadnt come in a while, with a much more careful diet. Come to think of it, this is the 1st serious one this year I believe. And not that serious, seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment