Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Week 1 to IMWA: Taper Week

I AM BACK! Yup, the lethargy was gone by the time I started on my run just now. Not before I had my sleep in the afternoon though...


For the past 2 days, my sessions saw elevated heart rates. Today's run saw the usual HR for the pace I was running. Did 3 sets of 6km, 1st at 5:29/km, 2nd at 6:09/km and the last at 5:18/km. Had a very slow 3km as warm up - really crawling. In between sets were 500m walk while the last warm down was a 1.5km walk.


It sure felt good to be back again. It had been 1 week of rubbish feeling.


Am I ready to face IMWA? Err... Not quite sure. But I have done my best for the most part of the year and with Coach's guide, I should live to see another year...


This is the last week before race week. Following Thursday I will be gone with my family, down south for my second ironman attempt. And 3rd time to Perth in 3 years. And yes, it will be likely that next year will have to be Cairns. It is time to change to a new place for a holiday.


Planning ahead, A races next year will be AVIVA Singapore 70.3, Challenge Cairns and if still around, Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon.


***

Noticed a hole on the tri suit that I planned to race with. Scouted around and decided on a 2XU. Not much of a choice, it will have to do for now. This week will try it on to see how it functions. If not good, I will bear with the hole on the old suit...






Wonder who sells Rocket Science 20BPM in Singapore. Always liked a white tri suit but it sure is hard to find in Singapore. Will scout and ask around again when I have the time. In the mean time, anything goes...

4 comments:

  1. White??? White on the butt too? Or just white top?
    My gawd, i always made it a point to slow down or to find a way to get far away from people who has white trishorts or white shorts in general.

    It's damn gross... to me, and a fashion faux pas, when it comes to tri-style. Hahaha Then again, who am i to comment? When i would really dig having leopard prints (black & white) for a tri top. That would be so boomz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha... apparently this rocket science trisuit has black below the white so that it remains opaque even when wet.

    hmm... maybe i will try for 2 piece - sounds like bikini - white top and black bottom. oh whatever, it doesnt really bother me that much. just thought white would be good to keep the sun out. i dont try to match my shoes with bike with helmet with shades with gloves with god knows what else. whatever works lah. not so vain lah...

    leopard prints ah? that is really BOOMZ!!! kek kek kek...

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, it works well. rather than a one piece, which i have seen men transform it to a toga top...

    The two pc can be rolled to a midriff, baring those abs, or those 一大梨 (or however you choose to see your abs / tummy area). Women have plenty of choices when it comes to race suits. ahaha ! Women are also the ones spending a lot of money, matching everything up. I have matching shoes to my helmet (time for a change... maybe something cheaper), to my matching tri top (i can't change color, obviously, if i am on my bike). Unfortunately, they don't match my bike.

    My bike somewhat matches my car. That's important too, when transporting the bike.

    Adidas by Stella McCartney had leopard printz jersey top for cycling last season. And errrm, nicely lace perforated tights for cycling. Talk about Boomz and Prettiness. It's meant for sprint races i guess, not so much for any distance thereafter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG... matching of every stuff... and u are serious about leopard printz!!! where is tarzen?

    6 pack abs i dont have, 6 pack beer i can get very easily... :) so, not, i wont roll tri top to midriff. the pros run till the top goes up, i dont run so hard - or cant run so hard. chances not likely it will pull up so high... if only i can run fast and have 6 pack abs...

    ReplyDelete