Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Adrenaline Rush

I never fully understood what the rush was really like? While starting on the tapering programme from Sunday onwards, I was so filled with energy and raring to get out to train.

But on Wednesday night, the body did not seem to respond that well to the 16km run session (planned 20km actually but reduced because of sore knee). On Thursday, I felt too lazy to go out on my planned 15km run. Today while doing my 3km swim in the morning, I felt tired.


Somehow, the rush had dissipated and the mind and body seemed to lapse into slower performance. Perhaps it is a good sign? That I can resume normal training schedule without feeling the need to be performing at my level best when the new "A" race is in December? I read that I should not peak early in the training, otherwise I will not perform at my best during the race. I think it is something like the Product Life Cycle? Every time I finish a race, I need to plateau and with new sessions, will bring the level of performance up a notch and increase again from there.


In fact, despite being tired from the swim, my mind and body seemed renewed and alert again. Training will resume soon. This week is just to cool myself off, ending with a 150km ride with Nigel on Saturday. I foresee myself doing a different training regime in preparation for the 2 run races as well as IMWA 2010 coming up. Life is soon normalising for me.


If Japan were slated for June next year, I suppose I should be taking part. There is another non M Dot sanctioned race in Norway around the same period? That is an alternative for myself and location for my family to go for a holiday. I am tempted to try out the inaugural 70.3 in Taiwan this coming October. But I may just save the money for next June's race instead. Europe sounds like a nicer place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment