Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Cool Run

Started out on the run in the morning today. Need to rest more for the rest of the day and get ready for the crazy term to start. Not quite ready mentally but definitely rested well for the last 4 weeks.


Started out with the bruised knee complaining but bearable nonetheless. Warmed up for 4km at 6:35/km pace. Nice and easy. Thereafter, strangely, the HR started to drop, yet again. Just like last week. But I think this time is really due to the cool weather. Drizzled a bit as I moved on but nothing torrential. But on the u-turn trip, noticed that the roads were pretty wet. God must have been good and kept the rain off my head as I went about my run.


Planned to do a 14km before uturning but at 13.5km mark, saw  whole troop of monkeys by the railings and changed my mind. So had to do 1km loop around my block. By the end of the 24km run excluding the 4km warm up, I completed the run at 6:32/km. A good pace for my marathon in the ironman, I hope. More base running coming up. Next Sunday will be a 30km base run again. More more more! Then this will keep my legs conditioned to run long. 5 more months to WA and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment