Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Soothing Music and Video

Family friend brought bluray disc on Andrea Bocelli's Vivere Live in Tuscany to my home for viewing...


Wow! The backdrop of the landscape was simply picture perfect. Accompanied by the voices of Andrea Bocelli, Sarah Brightman, Heather Headley, the dusk was absolutely stunning! I have not tried watching the concert in my theatre room, but the effect was simply mesmerising. Did not realise there can be such a picturesque concert available. With the HD recording, I could even see Heather Headley run her hands through her hair and pulled out a strand!


It struke a note within me - the desire to turn audiophile. The good thing was, I have a remedy: my pocket aint deep enough to get into expensive audio systems. I will get by with what I have now. And for years to come. Frankly, I am quite happy with what I have already. So there is really no need, nor ability to get anything more luxurious. It is important to live within my means.


It was a great night of rest and relax after 25km base run in the afternoon. Fortunately, the weather was not too humid. The knock on the left knee was not fully recovered, but it could sustain the slow pace pounding. It has always been slow, especially for 20km and above, anyway. Sigh... Did a 5km warm up and straight 20km run at pace of 6:24/km. Completed the 25km in 2:43:31. I need to reduce this to 2:30 really soon. My target is to hit 6min/km for 30km. It is just not starting to show yet. Newton 30km run is coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment