Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Crashed Again!

Coach gave me a 60km ride with 8km run. But never made it back more than 40km.


The truck driver headed out from left side road without looking at traffic in my direction. I know that because I saw the back of his head - he was attempting to cut out to the main road in the direction opposite me. I was heading up the road at 30kph and picking up pace when the accident happened - just confirmed with the updated software.


Anyway, I braked but the road was wet, the rear tyre skidded and both bike and me were sent crashing onto the floor. Left hip, left thigh and left side of rib cage had abrasions; left shoulder very sore; left knee had some cuts and probably bruised too. Overall, it was quite a getaway considered that I was sliding on the tarmac.


The good thing was that the driver stopped to help. Most would have scooted off I presume. I didnt even have the chance to feel any emotions. I was just nursing my wounds for a while and getting over the shock that I was still alive. He even sent me to the clinic and sent me home thereafter.


Throughout the incident, I figured that it was no point getting angry with him or even get him to compensate for anything - he already had paid for the clinic's dressing fee. After all, it was an accident and never in any accident, would anybody said that they wanted it to happen. He knew he was in the wrong and apologised. So I let the matter rest.


I did send the bike in to TBB to be checked, in case there were any cracks. Apparently, bike is fine and I will live to ride it probably a few days later.


Lesson learnt: no more fast riding when there are small roads around. It is not worth any injuries nor life. If HR goes down, so be it. If I have to slow down, at least I will live to ride the next day - there is nothing to prove. I should be able to resume my run on Sunday, I hope. Yes, injuries were not major. Thank God!

2 comments:

  1. Ride Safe. Spend more time watching the dvds so that i can catch up with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah lao. I aint fast. A newbie after all...

    ReplyDelete