Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

NorthFace 50km Duo

Finally! Found a colleague to run with me for the 50km duo - 25km each. What is exciting about it is that I will be doing Newton 30km the next day. If I am able to cover this distance over the weekend, I think my legs will be in pretty good shape. Definitely not fast, but for the time being I just want to be able to cover the mileage.


Understand that NorthFace route is pretty crazy. 10km worth of rolling terrain in some army training ground. Not sure if it is suppose to be all trail though. But nonetheless, it will be a good training regime for myself in preparation for the ironman at the end of the year. Yes, am looking forward to the WA race already. I will have to change my mindset and make sure that every ironman that I go to will have to count, regardless if the route has been done before or not. Even if not for the course, it will be the bettering of my own record from last year.


Like I told my friends, in the ironman race, myself and the clock are my own competitors. All else do not matter. Here's a toast to the preparation for IMWA 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment