Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Fatigue!

Tried to swim yesterday afternoon. Tore parking coupons for 1.5hrs, paid to enter the pool, swam 4 laps and gave up. I was just too tired to continue. I did not feel up to it so I called it a day. Planned to swop the programme with today's and in the end, I skipped the bike trainer session at night as well. Darn!


But I feel better today. Brought my kids to the doctors for eye and dental check up. Rested in the afternoon and early evening I was back in the pool doing up my laps. 400m warm up, 400m kicks, 5x200m averaging 3:30 per set, 5x100m averaging 1:45 per set, 10x50m averaging 50s per lap, 4x50m some routine swimming and 200m of warm down. Fantastic! Felt good during the swim. Looks like the rest yesterday had done me wonders! Girls were with me during the swim but they were playing in the baby pool. They havent had this for a long time. Their swims had been serious laps and lesson every Sunday. Gone were the recreational stuff. I suppose it was a good free time for them in the sun and the water. Nice to bring smiles to their faces and not the tired look every Sunday.


Waited till wife came back and I did my run intervals. 2km warm up, 4x1km with 2min rest in between, 4x500m with 2min rest in between, 8x100m with 1 min rest in between, 8x50m run through with 1min rest in between, 1km warm down. I was very pleased with the pace! Today was an exceptional day for training! Did the 1km in 4:57/km, 4:41/km, 4:32/km, 4:19/km. The 500m splits were just slightly faster and I was not panting? Breathing hard and that was it. Wow! Felt I could go even harder just that I know I have another session tomorrow. In any case, Coach capped it at 80-85%. BUT I would not be able to do too well in the IPPT 2.4km run? I suppose my timing will only be in the range of 10:30 - 10:45 perhaps? Darn! I wont get GOLD! Oh well. Train harder then. But it was a good day nonetheless! Scale of 1 to 10, today was a 9.5!

No comments:

Post a Comment