Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

No Pain, Plenty Gained!

Finally, after a couple of weeks of knee pain while running, this week has been free of it. Sunday's 28km was fine except for the bruised knee. Yesterday's 16km was also fine and pain free! I hope this is a good sign that things are getting better and that my legs are getting back in shape? I certainly hope so!


Yesterday saw a 37km bike session followed by 4 sets of 4km run. The pace for the 4 sets were 6:04/km, 6:05/km, 5:50/km, 5:37/km. I find that I am relatively fine and more confident in doing runs less than 20km. Anything above that, I tend to be more cautious with the pace. I think it is a mindset that I will have to get myself to overcome. Likely the lack of confidence and that I know my body has yet to be ready to take higher pace during the greater distances. Only time will tell if I am up to it. As Coach always said, slowly "chip" off the timing block.


Patience, old man, patience.


I did a swop with the training programme. I did my swim today instead. Planned to hit out 3-4km but I made a mistake of not eating something just before I got into the pool. Well into the 20+ lap, I was feeling hungry. As I went on, my arms started to feel tired. I was maintaining 1:55-1:57 per 100m pretty leisurely for about 30 laps but slowly got into 2min during the 19th and 20th 100m. My arms were trembling from the lack of food. I know my cadence had already dropped significantly. Decided to call it a day and head to Subway for a 12inch sandwich! Or maybe, its just the lazy part of me telling me to stop.


In any case, it is the time of the year again - to go back to office and do what teachers do best: mark the test papers. Long nights ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment