Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Overdue Ride

Completed 165km ride and a 5km run, saddle time of 6h15min and run time of 5:39/km pace. Too fast an ironman pace for me. Will have to take it easy. So many close shaves riding on weekday mornings. I realise that it is not advisable to ride on weekdays. Traffic is just too heavy and probability of meeting assholes on the road is simply too high.


I realised that with ironman training, I have really become more patient. Even my wife agreed on that. For instance, this young idiot tail gated me for no reason and when he overtook me, wound down his window and stared at me. My 1st instinct was to give him the middle finger and if it boils down to a fist fight, seriously, I think I could have seriously wounded him. After all, I do have muay thai self defence. 4 years of that. But I decided to stay calm and continue on my way. In no way was I in his way? He was filtering onto the main road which I was on, from a side road. I was already in front of him. I dont think I have committed any offence. In any case, yes, I think there are assholes and there are assholes. Take a look at this.


This is just one of the few idiots who plough the streets which we as cyclists share the roads with. Seriously, if road tax equates to more right of the road, then I will probably deserve the road more than 50% of the other drivers. I am quite sure my road tax supercedes more than 50% of the cars on the roads. So really, paying road tax is in no way equal to more right to use the roads.


I digress. I have become more patient because I use to drive and curse other stupid drivers. But I have reduced that by a lot and give and take more. Perhaps its age? Perhaps its fatigue? There is no point in trying to influence common sense to others. It is such a lost cause. I am hoping that one fine day, common sense will seep into the minds of these people and see the light. The world is not just about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment