Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Wet Ride Yet Again

Raining cats and dogs in the west. Riding in the rain was really painful because of the heavy raindrops. Strong wind made it tiring to get the bike going with the water sloshing over the wheels too. Had to take shelter at an abandoned bus stop along the 40 lamp posts at LCK.


Did a 155km ride today. The usual route, except that I headed towards coastal after West Coast Highway. Needed to do some flats so that I can keep my HR up. Had some sets of HR training to do. Surprisingly, I felt fine throughout the ride. Threw in some slopes at Old CCK, NTU and Faber, legs still felt fine. Speed on the flats were pretty decent too. I was able to get HR up quite easily.


Following which was a 4km run at 5:33/km pace. Speed was picking up during the run, but I reminded myself that I have to run at a pace comfortable to complete 42km. And 5:33/km is not exactly comfortable pace for me. It was alright for a 4km run, perhaps a 10km run, but that was it. At some sections I slowed down so that my HR wont shoot up too much.


Last night had a swim with the tri blokes. Had a 1.5km time trial, I did it in 28:43, but this was really not as good as the other blokes. They were all overtaking me after the 800m mark or something like that? But it was ironman pace for myself and if I were able to keep the pace up, it would have been a decent 3.8km swim in the ironman race. Oh well, I dont swim that often to justify a good swim time. I will have to live with it. Looking forward to improve more with the squad. I just need to keep my arms cadence higher, as well as glide more.

No comments:

Post a Comment