Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Reconciliation

Another cold and wet day. My swim and run have been put on hold. Doesnt look like it will be stopping anytime soon?


I am slowly coming to terms with the fact that I will have few M Dot races to do. It is heart wrenching but there are other ironman distance races in the calendar. For now, I am deciding between 3 K226 races. One in Bergen (Norway), one in Hannover-Limmer, and another in Moritzburg. The last 2 in Germany.


Good thing about the K226 races is that they are not as expensive as the M Dot ones, after all, they are not branded. As a consequence, these races also will not have slots for Kona. However, it being Europe, the cost for me to get there will be considered as very high. Looks like I will be getting there on my own and probably leaving the family behind.


Having said that, these European races seems very cold. Norway is after all home to Norseman Triathlon - world's hardest ironman distance triathlon. Bergen triathlon website stated that the sea temperature ranges from 16 to 18 degrees celsius. Western Australia was 20-22 degrees last year and my ear drums already hurt so bad during my pre race swim. I shudder at the thought of 16-18! Bike and run segments have temperature ranging from 10 - 25 degrees celsius!


I probably cant prepare my training for the climate. But I will have to get there with proper body warming gear. This I will have to learn along the way. Frankly, this is exciting for me! It will be a whole new experience for myself. Hmm... as I write this, I am getting all perked up again! Heck M Dot for the time being, seems like I will be doing these K226 races for the next few years to come! Hoo arhh!

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    Cool to see you're evaluating Bergen.
    We're all set for the 2010 event Saturday :-)

    ReplyDelete