Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Together Time



It was not very often that me and my wife have our own time without the kids. The kids are great company, really. *minus the unusually often fights between them, the constant reminders to behave, the screw ups in school work, blah blah blah...* Really. Parenthood brings out a different perspective of life - one that reminds ourselves that we do not live for ourselves but for others around us as well.


Wife and I had a night out at Fullerton Hotel. Exquisite and quaint hotel I must say. Comes with a rich historical story behind the building. Came with a 4 course dinner that was pretty sumptuous, just that the carb was too little for me? But fortunately, knowing myself very well, I had my predinner out of the hotel. *I am after all still taking in 4-5 meals a day, of high carb diet*


I did go on my Sentosa swim in the morning with the tri guys. Good time hanging out and swimming. Decided against wet suit and went on tri suit swim instead. Didnt tire myself too much for the celebration. Which was good.


Appetiser - salad with mozzarella cheese.


Wine - very young wine and quite harsh on the palette as a result. I have stopped drinking for a while already and cant appreciate it very much now. Not much of a connoisseur anyway.


Main course - I had my beef steak while my wife had her black cod.


Dessert - Tiramisu good during the initial part then the sugar just got the better of me. I suppose age has caught with me pretty fast? I dont really like desserts for a long time already. Probably the only sweet stuff that I eat are my gels and chocolates as snacks.




Anniversary special from hotel - so yes, chocolates are my favourite. But I dont over indulge in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment