Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Night Run

This was a "recovery run". And just like last night's "recovery ride", it was not much of a relaxed 13km. My coach told me to do a relaxed 15km, but I shortened it as I started late, almost 2200. Reached home past 2300.

For the past few months, I have been running in the heat, 3-4pm onwards. On weekends at times, I run at 2pm after my bike. It has been a while since I did a night run. I have forgotten how cool it is to run at night till tonight. And I suppose this had a huge impact because it did not feel tiring. Which also explains why the "recovery run" did not take place?

I am still fine tuning my run. My coach told me to reduce my cadence to 85, do a longer stride by staying in the air for a longer time. He made it sound so easy. I am not Michael Jordan. How do I "stay in the air"? Anyway, I tried it. I suppose it turned out fine? Considering that I hit about 6.6km (or was it 6.8km I cant remember my biking distance, regardless anyway) in 39:28 before I made a uturn home and touched home in 40:34 for the return leg. Works out to be an average of 6:09/km - so my Polar software told me, 1:20:09 in all. It was a different feel tonight with the slower cadence. Heart rate averaged 142 and 145 for both halves. And it did not seem very strenuous on the lungs.

I was afraid my left knee would give me problems with the so called increase in stride, as it had been for the past month. It did complain slightly but nothing that warrants a stop. So that was a good thing.

The shoes, however, tonight I thought gave me problems. The left insole of my Nike Free 3.0 kept slipping out. But I again I have to say the shoes felt really light. It felt good running.

No comments:

Post a Comment