Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Start of new training regime

I am revving to start the new regime tomorrow. The past few days had been a gradual warm up to the routine. Can sense that coach is slowly but surely pushing up the tempo. My mind is all excited, but my heart is worried to know if I can take the sudden surge: double century ride + 5km run tomorrow, 28km + 12km run on Friday AND Sunday. We will see how it will turn out by Sunday. Frankly, I think I will be all beaten up and bruised beyond recognition.

I dont foresee the ride to be an issue. It is what happens on Friday onwards that I am curious about. How is the body going to respond? How is the mind going to be like?

Swim today was alright - painful still (when is swimming never a pain, really?), but bearable. Did 2x400m, 4x200m, 6x100m and 10x50m. All sets were under 59s per 50m, while the 50m "sprints" were done under 53s, with about 1min breather in between - suppose to be 30s breathers only but I had to rest my hands or fail the swim totally? It is slowly getting better than last year. And I really think it would be a very slow improvement, sadly. A price I had to pay now for not doing more when I was swimming with the team when I was younger. And it is this same reason that I am now pushing my 2 girls to swim more now - or risk ending up like me with poor swim form.

Nonetheless, time to rest for the big ride tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment