Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

SAFRA Biathlon 2010 Update

Estimation was about right. Did a 31min swim and a 58min run. That means my silly transition was 2 min long because I timed my run to be 56min. Well, I suppose this is good? It only means I can improve next year! IF I reduce my transition as well as not get jostled to death at swim start.

I am wondering when I will reach a plateau in my timings. I suppose there is this much anybody can improve after a while? And to improve further will require training to be redefined. Perhaps, more intervals, more tempo runs, more fast sets of swim, etc. It is such a commitment to training and I suppose for age groupers like myself, it will mean more sacrifices to family time, rest time and all. I think I have already sacrificed much of my weekends training and anything more will result in a family breakdown. Despite an understanding wife and independent children, I am not about to let my children grow up without me seeing much of their growth.

Just when is enough, enough? For me? A long run and a long bike over the weekend is all I can do. Anything more will mean having Ironman training take over my life - and I do not think it is worth much. Yes, the achievement will mean something personal to me. BUT it will also mean it is a tunnel vision of selfishness. Nope, family will still have to be top priority, although right now it just does not seem so? I can only do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment