Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

SAFRA Biathlon 2010

13 March 2010
2nd biathlon since I started on my tri journey. Made another mistake of going too near the ropes. Just what was going through my head? This is a newbie mistake. We all know that we have to avoid the ropes! Had to jostle and wait for space. Good thing after the turn, there was lots of space. Didnt manage to find anybody's feet to sit on, so had to journey on my own. I do not have the timings yet, but I do not think it is very good a swim for myself - probably a 32min?

Transition was not more 2 minutes I guess. The run was alright. Started with stomach cramps probably from too much gulping of sea water. Settled only after 3-4km. My coach Craig had told me to try to keep my heart rate down to 150. But it just would not go down. After the 1st loop of 5km, I picked up my cadence and started to go beyond 160 heart rate. Base on my watch, I did a 56:45 10km run. I suppose I could have gone faster if I had picked up my pace early, but hey, I am training for Ironman, this is not my A race this year. This will have to do?

I think I felt strong with the pace still. With proper carb, I should be able to sustain the pace for another 10km. So my guess is that I should be whipping a 2hr 10min run for AVIVA 70.3 next week - I hope?

Seriously, running has not been my strength. Then again, nothing that I am doing now were ever my strengths. Been active when I was in army, but never athletic with personal goals? Started tri in mid 2008. My journey has been almost 2 years. From a 10km run with 1h 10min timing to a sub 1hr; from a run hater to what I have done today, I believe it is good enough for myself. It is the desire to achieve more while I am still able, injury free, that is pushing myself beyond. The motivation is: YES I CAN - ha ha ha...

And frankly, secretly, getting a leaner body (compared to the past) that is more athletic looking is a bonus - kek kek.

No comments:

Post a Comment