Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Purpose for Blog

Having done almost 1 year of Ironman training and lived for 37 years, I wonder which part of my life I can remember a lot. Frankly, not a lot. Besides the trying times, the heartaches, the tragedies, the failures, most of the happy moments are chucked away somewhere. Somehow, I only remember the bad experiences. I suppose I have lived a simple life and there are just too many joyous moments to remember.

However, I must qualify - I remember my wedding very well, I remember first seeing my daughter in the hands of the doctor (I recall asking myself: oh crap, she is so ugly!), I remember being in the OT while my wife's gynae having a tug-of-war with my second daughter as she was just too slippery and kept slipping back into the warm womb and refuse to come out... Ah... reminiscence. Ok, perhaps I should say that I do remember many joyous memories too...

In any case, yes, I would love to be on my death bed or be telling my grandchildren my stories, stories of the things I have done, the experiences I have gone through, my thoughts. I will want to leave behind a legacy of what an ordinary man has done to enrich his short and simple life.

And how apt the quote I have chosen for the blog: Life is half spent before we know what it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment