Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Swim Training Incomplete!

Afternoon was a washout. If only there were some indoor pool to overcome this problem in the country. Considering that this is the tropics, maybe indoor pools will make some sense?

Anyhow, I had to shorten my swim because I had to be back home on time. In the end, I made
1) 400m warm up
2) 200m kicks
3) 500m at roughly 58s per 50m

This was like only half of what I was suppose to do! But like all triathletes always say, there will be another day. Act of God.

That said, this was a "recovery swim". For the past few days, my coach had been putting me on recovery exercises. The intense stuff had yet to restart because of the Sunday 70.3 race. And I think the rest is good though. I can still feel the strain in the pool. I really want to improve further.

It is strange what triathlon does to me? It just makes me more determined to do more and better? Somehow there is an invisible driving force that makes me yearn for more. I dont know why. Perhaps someday I will find out...

No comments:

Post a Comment