Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Races I want to do in my lifetime

When I started on triathlons, I thought completing the OD was enough. But as can be seen, I have ventured into ironman distance triathlons. The human spirit is not giving up yet. There are yet other races that I will want to do in the future. Not competitively, but to experience the physical and mental demands of these challenges, and best yet, to meet other athletes of the same mindset.

2 such races that come to my mind are:

The ultimate aim for this for myself is to complete the crossing of Antarctica. But in order to do this, I will have to complete 2 others of the remaining 3 crossings. So, if I were to do the 2 of the 3, I might as well do the 4th as well?

What is holding me back on this is my job -inability to take leave during the scheduled times - as well as it is not sanctioned by my wife. If I am financially able, I will quit my job and pursue my dreams and in the mean time, convince my wife that I will need her support in this chase.


It is supposedly the world's hardest ironman distance triathlon. I suppose that since I might not be able to qualify for Kona Championships, as much as I would want to, I will like to try the next best thing - the Norseman.

So often we have heard, that it is only through the toughest situation, that the true character of the person emerges. I can say that I know myself very well. But all this while, are in the best of circumstance, besides those I faced during the tough times of sleep deprived days in army while I was much younger.

I enjoy the freedom to choose the path that few have gotten on. I enjoy the times that I race myself to the end. I enjoy the times I can push myself beyond the limits. All these times, I have no one to breathe over my back and not a care in the world how they look at me. In my mind, I know, that I have done things that not many can do in their lives. And I enjoy these moments as well as achievements.

No comments:

Post a Comment