Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Rest!

Was ordered to rest, after a week of "recovery" sessions. It was a good time with my family! When I was told to rest for the day, I sure was looking forward to it. Had planned to do so many things with the family but we were simply limited by the time.

This coming week's training is going to be quite an eye popper. If I live to tell my experience, the act of going through the sessions will be an achievement in itself. I have never seen such a programme before and I dont have much confidence going through them - then again, this is only my second IM preparation, I suppose this is quite common for other athletes?

I have 6 weeks to go before 2 weeks of absence due to reservist training. And thereafter will be only 2 weeks of training before tapering for Japan. I think coach wants to pump me up and strengthen whatever muscles need to be done during these 6 weeks so that my confidence can be boosted in time. I think the time has come for the real stuff and base training is history.

Honeymoon training is over. Here are the real toughies...

No comments:

Post a Comment