Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Wet Bike Session

Did another century ride in the evening today. But it did not go very well because my intended heart rates were not met. I had to be very cautious because of the wet roads. These few weeks it has been raining in the afternoon. First the swim on Monday, and now my bike session.

I did not have the choice as I did not want to risk any freak accidents with the wet roads. Once was enough, with the newly pathed road at Neo Tiew - I was cornering on my aerobars and the next thing I know, the wheels slid off the tarmac and I was sent crashing to the ground. Good thing was that there were not other vehicles behind me. I have to thank God for his protection over me then.

And with wet roads come poor stopping distance. I couldnt go faster because I know I cant stop fast as well. There were so many hurdles that it frustrated me but there was nothing I could do. I had the opportunity to hit higher speeds only towards the end, of about 15km and that was it. Sigh... Till another ride another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment